In partnership with Southeastern University (SEU), Classical Conversations PLUS (CC+) offers families with students registered in Challenge III or Challenge IV the opportunity to enlarge and extend their Christian learning community into the college level, while staying actively engaged in their local community group anywhere in the United States. Classes are offered completely online. This specific program is restricted to students and families enrolled in Classical Conversations.
The SEU/CC+ program is beneficial for students because they are able to maintain their enrollment in Challenge Curriculum and participate in the CC+ community. SEU has provided rubrics, refinements, and supplements to the existing Challenge assignments in order to assess them for college credit. Students will submit assessments to SEU faculty for evaluation, feedback and grading.
Enrollment & Tuition
Students must enroll each semester to continue in the program.
Courses are $500 each. Some courses, such as math, may require additional fees for the curriculum and textbook.
Please contact SEU at email@example.com or call 863.667.5580 with questions.
Registration & Payment Deadlines
- Summer 2018: May 2, 2018
- Fall 2018: August 17, 2018
- Spring 2019: January 4, 2019
Each semester, CC+ and Southeastern offer a variety of subjects, designed to give you collegiate-level class experience and credit.
Watch these information videos to learn more about the different courses we offer.
SEU CC + Study Abroad Trip
Humanities in Greece and Rome
Dates: May 1-16, 2019
Visit the birthplace of Western Civilization and earn college credit
Parents and siblings* welcome
Study the classics (and other humanities) in the home of the classical tradition: Greece and Rome. Beginning in Greece, we will visit spots from mythology and classical history, including biblical sites and classical Athens. In Rome, we’ll study the age of the Emperors and the growth of Christianity and the relationship of the arts to the everyday lives of our predecessors.
Instructors: Grace Veach, Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition and Meghan Griffin, Ph. D. in Text and Technology and Classical Conversations mom.
*We welcome anyone 15 and over on this trip (completed Challenge I). Students may travel unaccompanied or parents may accompany students. Parents may choose to travel with or without the college credit option.
For more information or to sign up click here.
Create your Via account and go to Classical Conversations Plus Study Abroad to sign up.
CC Plus Day:
CC+Days at Southeastern University are coming on October 3, 2018 and February 27, 2019. These days are to welcome Classical Conversations Challenge students and their parents onto our campus and acquaint them with our CC+ Program and all its benefits. New this year is an impromptu speech competition for the October 3rd event.
A few of the highlights for the October 3rd date:
- Overview of the CC+ Program and the parent’s role
- How to effectively use the SEU library resources for research and assignments; use of MLA;
- Impromptu speech competition for a scholarship award to Challenge IV students. Challenge III students will be considered should space become available. The topic will be drawn from the information presented in a C.S. Lewis class on Oct. 3 that the students will attend and prepare for. Space is limited so students will be entered on a first come first served basis. More information will be provided to those who register for the event online.
- Greece and Rome study abroad summer program
- Choosing and applying to college for CC students
- Lunch in our beautiful Tuscana Restaurant with gluten free and vegetarian choices for Challenge students and parents.Others may purchase
- Optional SEU sports events on campus