Southeastern University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Southeastern University.
Southeastern University is one of only two colleges in Polk County and eight in Florida accredited by the IACBE (International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education).
There has been minor confusion in recent months regarding our accreditation because of the unfortunate closing of another Southeastern University located in Washington, D.C. That school lost its accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and last offered classes in September 2009. Its situation has no bearing on our accreditation as that university had no affiliation or relationship with Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida. Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida, has been and continues to be accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Other Institutional Memberships
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Association of Institutional Research (AIR)
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Florida Association of Colleges and Universities (FACU)
- Florida Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (FACTE)
- Florida League of Christian Schools (FLOCS)
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)