Your on-campus healthcare connection
SEU is excited to be partnering with our local hospital, Lakeland Regional Health, to offer our students a reliable way to take care of their health right here on campus.
SEU Campus Care is designed for use at Southeastern University’s campus Health Services office. While this program does not replace a health insurance plan, it does ensure easy access to on-campus healthcare. Using SEU Campus Care eliminates the hassle of deductibles, filing claims, and other time-consuming aspects of working with your insurance carrier.
All SEU students are eligible for this program.
For less than many private insurance plans’ annual deductible, you can purchase SEU Campus Care for $150 per semester. This plan covers many of the new and existing services offered through SEU Health Services. (See the chart below for details of what’s included and what’s not.)
Although the plan enrollment is open year round, it must be paid for in full in order for the plan to be in effect.
Plan Fee Structure
- Per semester (fall or spring) — $150
- Per academic year (fall & spring) — $300
Students without Campus Care plans will still be able to access care on campus at Health Services, but services will be rendered on a fee-for-service basis.
Remember: Campus Care is NOT a health insurance plan, but rather a cost-effective way to obtain health services on campus. Please do not cancel your personal insurance when you sign up for this plan.
Megan Wagner PA-C
Campus Medical Director
Participants in Campus Care will receive care for:
- Primary care or specialty visits
- Individual counseling visits
- Well-woman services (including pap smears and screening tests)
- Urgent care procedures
- Chronic disease management
- Labs prescribed by and performed at the Campus Health Services Laboratory and managed by medical services providers.
These labs may include:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Hemogram (CBC without automated differential)
- Strep Complete (Molecular)
- Rapid Strep
- HSV/VZV (Molecular)
- Urine and Serum hCG (pregnancy)
- Occult Blood
- KOH Prep
- Whole Blood Glucose
- Serum, Iron Level
- Influenza A/B Screen
- Wet Mounts
- ONE COVID test
Labs will not be available until after October 2, 2020.
Note: The above list is not inclusive of all services.
What’s Not Included
Exclusions to SEU Campus Care are listed below; note that this list is not exhaustive (more exclusions may apply).
When in doubt, please contact Campus Health Services to discuss what is included prior to any services being rendered.
- All prescriptions
- Services performed outside of Campus Health Services
- Most immunizations
- Physical therapy
- Labs ordered by an outside provider
- Radiology services (e.g. X-ray, MRI, CT-scan)
- Labs sent to an outside Laboratory, such as Sonora, Quest or LabCorp (such as blood typing or lipid panels)
- Procedures such as suturing, casting, IV fluids, I&D, and joint injections will have additional charges
- Specialist visits (students will be referred to applicable practitioners within the Lakeland Regional Health system as needed)
No controlled substances will be housed in or prescribed from Health Services.
Sample Cost Comparison
For illustrative purposes only. A finalized pricing sheet will be available soon.
|Cost with Campus Care||Standard Fee (without Campus Care)|
|Tetanus/flu vaccine||$0||$30 each|
|Well-woman exam/lab||$0 office visit
$20 Lab Co-pay
Cost with Campus Care
(without Campus Care)
$0 office visit
$20 Lab Co-pay