This course prepares students to provide effective leadership in church-based family ministry programs for ages birth through high school. Students will become strategic thinkers and discover ways to effectively resource and staff family ministry.
October 21, 2021 – December 16, 2021
Total Cost: $400
Students who succesfully complete this course will:
- Compare and contrast the various approaches to family ministry in the modern church.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their current ministries and align them to the Orange family ministry model.
- Formulate strategies for transitioning their ministry into an integrated family ministry model (instead of a model in which age-graded ministries work alone).
- Construct plans to integrate department leaders as one team, allowing them to establish and manage an overall strategy for ministry programming (including planning and budgets).
- Determine the ideal content to use as a catalyst for generating meaningful interactions with friends, groups, and families.
- Build a culture that values small group leaders, who build a rapport and remain with the children or teenagers they lead over time.
- Describe best practices for volunteer management to ensure self-reliance, satisfaction, and commitment to continual support.