SEU Enactus Means Business
Enactus is an international community of students and academic and business leaders. They are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to enable human progress. They believe that ENtrepreneurial ACTion creates a better world for US all, and we’re excited to have our own Enactus club right here at SEU.
Support from Businesses
SEU Enactus has a Business Advisory Board, in which employees from local companies meet with the team monthly to provide experienced input, and financial and material support.
- Caliber Consulting Group (CCG) helps local business owners and entrepreneurs set goals and make them happen. CCG partners with three businesses in the Lakeland area: Graceful Grains (bakery), A Kind Place (store), and a local franchise of Engineering for Kids.
- ASPiRE is a partnership with the Dream Center of Lakeland that helps young mothers and pregnant women find and maintain employment, so as to provide for themselves and their families.
- Kool 2 B Kind is an anti-bullying campaign that utilizes college athletes to promote kindness and decrease bullying. There have been 3,000-plus anti-bullying pledges since the program was born five years ago.
- Nuevo Camino is a based out of Choloma, Honduras, where SEU Enactus has collectively made over 10 trips. They partner with non-profit Compelled by Christ to rescue young girls from abusive situations and detainment. They also work with My City Movement to help families increase their household income and sustainability.
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is a national organization that supports middle and high school students in starting their own businesses. SEU Enactus students have partnered with the Polk County Chapter of YEA! and the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce to mentor these students weekly.
Enactus National Competitions
SEU Enactus has competed in the Enactus National Competitions for the past 10 years. At these competitions, universities from across the country present on the projects they are implementing.
Executives from Enactus partner companies, many of them Fortune 500 organizations, judge the teams based on factors such as sustainability, entrepreneurial thought, and collaboration. In March of 2017, SEU Enactus advanced from Enactus Regionals to Nationals, placing out of more than 400 United States teams! The competition will be held May 21–23 in Kansas City, Missouri.
We’re proud of the ways Enactus represents Southeastern University. Keep up the great work!
* We are grateful to our Business Advisory Board representatives from the following companies: Unilever, GEICO, W.S. Badcock, Bimbo, CHEP, Chick-fil-A, Lockheed Martin, Northwestern Mutual, Allen Investments, ADP, Polk Sheriff’s Department, Walmart, Allen County Community College, State Farm, Advantage Solutions and YLakeland.