Fire Ready Steps
Fire Ready is the official clearance process of Southeastern University. Students must complete all steps in this process prior to arriving on campus each semester.
The below steps apply to students who are campus-based in Lakeland.
This step requires you to have set up your student account access. Instructions were emailed to you after you submitted your enrollment deposit. If you need help logging in to these systems, visit this page for details. Contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com with any questions.
To register for classes, log in to the JICS system. Through the JICS system, you’ll be able to see which classes are available, search for textbooks, view your course schedule and more. You will initially log in with your student ID number and the last 4 digits of your social security number. Once you’re in, you are encouraged to change your password by following the prompts.
Your degree audit, located within JICS, will list the classes you have already taken and those that you still need to complete in order to qualify for graduation. The listing of required classes corresponds to your declared major.* Here’s how to view your degree audit.
- Log in to JICS
- Click the Student tab and then Degree Info
- Within the Degree Audit Portlet, click View All Details.
- Click Recalculate Student Progress and then Grad Report
*If your major is undeclared, only your foundational core classes will display until you declare a major.
All students are required to obtain financial clearance before they can be guaranteed their class registration and housing for the upcoming semester. This means your anticipated costs for the upcoming semester are fully covered with the use of approved financial aid (including scholarships, grants, and loans) and/or an approved payment plan.
- Learn about the Financial Clearance Process
- Access Net Partner to View Your Award
- Check Your Balance (after July 1)
- Explore Payment Plans (Please note: If you plan to use student or Parent PLUS loans to help fund your education, visit StudentAid.gov to access the required entrance counseling and master promissory note (MPN) needed.)
Contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.500.8760 with any questions.
When you applied to SEU, you were required to submit transcripts. However, we still need the final versions of these transcripts in order to finalize your registration at SEU. Contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com with any questions.
Note: If you’ve requested that your transcripts be sent to SEU, you can furnish documentation of your request (such as a receipt) while you are waiting for the final copies to be sent.
Requirements for final high school transcripts
- No “in progress” grades
- Graduation date listed
- Full, official transcript
Requirements for final college transcripts
- No “in progress” grades
- Official transcript from each institution previously attended; includes dual enrollment, AP, IB, CLEP, and AICE credits
All traditional undergraduate students will need to complete the required health forms and attach proof of their immunization history prior to registering for classes and/or moving into campus housing. Immunization records from a doctor’s office, local health department or official high school transcript are acceptable.
For our immunization policy, please click here.
To complete your health forms:
- Log into the JICS student portal.
- Click the Forms tab, followed by Health Services in the left hand column.
- Click SEU Health Services Registration Form and complete all pages.
Email the Health Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.