Guided by the values and standards of the counseling profession and shaped by the Christian faith, the Counselor Education Program at Southeastern University prepares highly competent and ethical mental health and marriage and family counselors who will serve individuals, couples, families, groups, and organizations.
Our goals include creating an environment in which students can
- progress from the development of basic counseling skills into proficient relationship building and helping skills
- effectively and appropriately integrate faith and profession in service to others
- engage in service and relationship to clients, peers, and supervisors
- develop a deep appreciation for diverse populations
- grow in character and professional dispositions
Mental health counselor
Substance abuse counselor
Marriage & Family counselor
Learning outcomes are available upon request.
Program descriptive data, program statistics, and learning outcomes available upon request.