BA in English Education, Northwestern Oklahoma State University
MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
ThM and DMin, Columbia Theological Seminary
Dr. Steven Fettke began his teaching career in a high school English classroom, but he soon felt that he had been given the gift of teaching in order to be a Bible college professor. He began his tenure at Southeastern in 1979 after completing the first of his three seminary degrees. Not only is Dr. Fettke a true academic but he is also an active minister and evangelist, beginning his work as a youth group leader and evangelist while still an undergraduate. He has served as an interim pastor, youth pastor, music director, Sunday school teacher, and teaching evangelist, holding Bible seminars in churches in America and Canada. In 2009, he was awarded the Delta Alpha Distinguished Educator Award by the Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education, making him the first Southeastern professor ever to receive this highest honor in AG higher education.
Besides being in demand as an instructor, Dr. Fettke has served in the past as an administrator, including as chairman of the Bible department and chairman of the whole religion department. He has also been a pioneer in developing both graduate and undergraduate online courses, writing several courses for Southeastern, Global, Regent, and Liberty Universities as well as for Trinity Bible College.
Dr. Fettke was the founding chairman of the Family Care Council, an oversight committee of parents of disabled children, and is a member of the Sons of the American Revolution. Through their experiences raising and supporting an autistic son, Dr. Fettke and his family have been enriched with God’s abiding presence, the experience helping to mold and shape the family into the model of God’s kingdom by teaching them to love even the most helpless in the community.
Dr. Fettke teaches the following classes: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Pentateuch, Hebrew Poetry, Romans, and I & II Corinthians. He has had research interests in the call of God and the believer, and he currently studies issues related to biblical justice and the disabled and poor.
- Was awarded the Delta Alpha Distinguished Educator Award by the Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education in 2009.
- Published “Inspiration and Revelation in the OT” in Paraclete 23 (Summer 1989): 11-14.
- Published Messages to a Nation in Crisis: An Introduction to the Prophecy of Jeremiah. Washington D.C.: University Press of America, 1982.
- Presented The Called According to God’s Purpose at the 2000 SPS Annual Conference and published the paper in the SPS conference papers for that year.
- Co-wrote the chapter on the prophets in William Williams’ (ed.) They Spoke from God: A Survey of the Old Testament. Springfield, MO: Logion Press, 1004.
- Published God’s Empowered People: A Pentecostal Theology of the Laity. Eugene, OR.: WIPF & STOCK, 2010.
- Published The Call to Pentecostal Scholarship, Fettke/Waddell, eds. Cleveland, TN.: JPT Press, 2012.