Testing & Proctoring Services
Southeastern University offers testing and proctoring services, which include the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test. Appointments should be scheduled at least one week in advance. CLEP tests are only offered on select days and times. Please contact the Testing Center for more information.
Contact & Location Info
Southeastern University Testing Center
Buena Vida East Wing Suite 210
1000 Longfellow Blvd.
Lakeland, Florida 33801
The College Level Examination Program provides an opportunity for a student to earn college credit by examination.
Southeastern University accepts all CLEP exams listed on www.collegeboard.com, with these exceptions:
- Introduction To Educational Psychology
- Freshman Composition
- College Composition Modular
For a detailed list of CLEP exams approved for credit through SEU, visit this link.
CLEP exams are offered through the SEU Testing Center. You do not have to be a Southeastern University student to utilize our Testing Center. Contact the SEU Testing Center (email@example.com) to schedule an appointment to take a CLEP exam. All SEU students must complete an eligibility form before an appointment can be scheduled. The form will be reviewed to determine if the student meets SEU guidelines for awarding CLEP credit. These guidelines are listed below. One form per CLEP exam must be completed.
SEU Guidelines for Awarding CLEP Credit
- Students who have completed more than 95 college credits are NOT eligible to take the CLEP.
- Official CLEP scores must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar before the student’s 96th hour of earned credit for evaluation.
- To receive credit, a minimum scaled score at or above an established national percentile must be earned on each area tested. Details are available at www.collegeboard.com.
- To receive credit for a qualified CLEP test, a student must not be currently enrolled in, have completed, or earned a “W” in an equivalent or more advanced course.
- CLEP credits combined with AP, IB, AICE, PLA, and military credit cannot exceed 45 college credits.
- Twenty-five percent of college courses must be earned through Southeastern University.
- Credit cannot be duplicated.
- For non-SEU students, please contact your host institution regarding CLEP eligibility.
How to Register
- Students register online through College Board by visiting https://clep.collegeboard.org/. College Board charges around $85 for CLEP test registration, check the College Board website for current pricing.Most CLEP tests take a maximum of 90 minutes. You must print out the College Board registration ticket on the screen after registration is complete and bring it to your testing center appointment. Without the College Board registration ticket, you will NOT be able to complete the CLEP.
- If testing at SEU, you must complete the SEU testing fee form below as well. After you have made the payment, please print the receipt and bring it to your testing center appointment. Testing fees will differ based on testing location.
- When signing in at the testing center for your CLEP appointment, you will need to present a government issued photo I.D., your College Board registration ticket, and your SEU testing fee receipt.