Parent Portal Access
The Parent Portal gives parents online visibility into student information so they feel comfortable and secure with their child’s higher education experience. It allows students to control and share with parents (or other parties) the information they want online — helping SEU meet the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
It is our hope that the Parent Portal fosters communication among parents, students and the institution to give students the support they need while transitioning into a higher education learning environment.
The Parent Portal can be used to do the following:
- Share student-approved information online with parents, including academic records, class schedules, student accounts, financial aid awards and residence information.
- Track and manage student information for parents based on FERPA permissions.
- Manage and view parental permissions online.
- Share information with parents, guardians or third parties on a timely basis.
- Enable parents to view information about a single student or multiple students.
Students can set up permissions for parents or others by logging into their account through the Student Information System (JICS). After logging in at the link below, simply select the menu tab “Parent Access” and follow the link at the bottom of the page labeled “Define New Permissions.”
For questions or more information, contact the Office of the Registrar at 863.667.5015 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.