Southeastern University Student Health Plan
To keep Southeastern students as healthy as possible, the university offers a voluntary health insurance plan through UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
The plan includes the following:
- $100,000 maximum benefit (per insured person, per policy year)
- 80% of preferred allowance for covered medical expenses for procedures performed by in-network healthcare providers (60% of usual and customary charges for covered medical expenses for procedures performed by out-of-network providers)
- $500 deductible per insured person, per policy year for preferred providers. $1,000 deductible per insured person, per policy year for out-of-network providers
- Prescription drug benefits: $15 copay for Tier 1; $35 copay for Tier 2; $70 copay for Tier 3. per prescription, up to a 31-day supply per prescription. Prescriptions must be filled at a UnitedHealthcare network pharmacy
- Scholastic Emergency Services: U.S. students are eligible for services when traveling 100 miles from their home or Southeastern's campus. International students are eligible for services worldwide, except in their home countries
- Ability to speak to a nurse 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week to receive health advice and information through Collegiate Assistance Program
- Online access to information about injury and sickness insurance plan at http://www.uhcsr.com/seu. Students can print a health insurance ID card, locate in-network doctors, review coverage dates, and check when medical bills have been paid by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources by creating an online account
If students wish to enroll in the voluntary plan available through UnitedHealthcare StudentResources, please follow the directions below as there is no automatic enrollment into health coverage.
- Go to www.uhcsr.com
- Click on "Find My School's Plan"
- Search for Southeastern University
- Click on "Enroll Now" located in the top right corner
Insurance coverage is available for undergraduate and graduate students taking nine credit hours or more. Information on dependents and children can be found on the same link. All payments will be made through UnitedHealthcare StudentResources website or you may choose to print out the enrollment form at the link below and pay by check.
Direct link: http://www.uhcsr.com/seu
Health Care Premiums
- $1,624.00 for annual coverage from August 18, 2012, through August 17, 2013
- $640.00 for coverage from August 18, 2012, through January 5, 2013 (fall semester)
- $1,017.00 for coverage from January 6, 2013, through August 17, 2013 (spring semester)
For more information about Southeastern's student health coverage, contact Health Services at (863) 667-5205 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.