Free All State Audition Workshop for Strings
Highly trained professionals that are currently working in the orchestral field will provide students with applicable training to enhance their performance on All-State audition repertoire. The focus will be on tone production, left and right hand technique, practical bowings and fingerings, and overall phrasing and musicianship.
All-State Audition requirements can be found here:
- Annabelle Gardiner, violin: SEU Faculty, Assistant Concertmaster of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra and graduate of the Eastman School of Music
- Eric Nordstrom, violin: SEU guest performer/clinician, performer with the Florida Orchestra and Sarasota Orchestra and graduate of Oberlin Conservatory of Music
- William Goodwin, viola: SEU guest performer/clinician, performer with the Florida Orchestra, Sarasota Orchestra, and Naples Philharmonic and graduate of the Curtis Institute of Music
- Ronald Gardiner, cello: SEU Faculty, Principal Cellist of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra and graduate of the Eastman School of Music
- Jim Petrecca, double bass: Acting Assistant Principal Bass of The Florida Orchestra and graduate of the New England Conservatory
WHO CAN ATTEND: Training sessions are available for students in grades 9-10 and grades 11-12.
WHEN: Saturday, September 7, 2013 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: Bush Chapel, Southeastern University, 1000 Longfellow Blvd. Lakeland, FL 33801
REGISTRATION PRIOR TO THE EVENT IS REQUIRED