Executive Master of Arts in Ministerial Leadership
More often than we’d like to admit, our churches resemble the disciples before they received the Holy Spirit in the book of Acts. Yes, they were called to be Christ’s witnesses in Jerusalem and throughout the earth, but it wasn’t until they received the Holy Spirit that they were personally changed and empowered to communicate the gospel to a large cross-section of people. Southeastern’s executive Master of Arts in ministerial leadership program is designed to improve your local ministry in a similar twofold process. We want to help you grow as a Christ follower and equip you with tools to make your church more fruitful for the Kingdom.
Church and ministry leaders today need more than just a foundation in theology and pastoral care. Our MAML program gives you the leadership, motivational, and ethical principles to successfully lead your organization. Specifically, the executive MAML program condenses the delivery of courses into just over a year, while including sessions with some of today’s top ministry leaders.
The Southeastern executive MAML is unique in the opportunities it affords students. The format is convenient, allowing you to complete most course work online with monthly gatherings for course sessions on our Lakeland campus and other locations. In addition to high-quality curriculum and dedicated faculty at SEU, you will study under the following leaders:
- Mark Batterson: Lead pastor of National Community Church in Washington, D.C., and author of The Circle Maker.
- Leonard Sweet: E. Stanley Jones professor of evangelism at Drew University, author, speaker, and primary contributor to sermons.com.
- Stovall Weems: Lead pastor of Celebration Church in Jacksonville, Florida, and popular writer and conference speaker.
The program includes a session at Chick-fil-A headquarters in Atlanta, as well as sessions in Jacksonville and Washington, D.C. This is a rare opportunity to participate in a degree program that can fit your schedule and give you access to incredible ministry minds.
The executive MAML is a 36-credit-hour program covering 14 months. Program participants will study primarily online and meet once a month for three or four days for lectures and on-location training. Course topics include the following:
- Shape of practical theology
- Strategic missional leadership
- The church and cultural engagement
- A practical theology of the Pentecostal church
- Managing church finance
- Holistic pastoral counseling
- Managing change and conflict
- Methods of biblical preaching and teaching
- Renewing the local church
- Leading across cultures
- The shape of the Pentecostal leader
- Spirit-empowered discipleship
Want to Learn More?
Interested in looking more closely at our executive Master of Arts in ministerial leadership? Click here to request more information or to contact an admission counselor.