X

Hurricane Irma: A Note from Dr. Ingle

SEU Community,

This morning I am incredibly grateful for God’s protection over our SEU community and campus as we weathered Hurricane Irma. The storm passed through Lakeland late last night as a Category 2 hurricane. It’s during times like this that our faith is strengthened and we are truly reminded of what’s most important to us – the safety and well-being of our families and friends.

First and foremost, I hope that this email finds each one of you and your families safe. If there are needs in our community, we want to know about them and find a way to meet them.

I am pleased to report that all students and staff who were being sheltered on the Southeastern University campus are safe and will continue to shelter in place until the Southeastern Emergency Response Team (SERT) has determined that it is safe to leave the ride-out location.

I also want to express my deep thanks and gratitude to the many, many individuals in our community who worked in preparation not only before the storm, but through the midst of the storm, putting the needs of our students before their own – a beautiful example of Christ’s love in action.

In particular, I would like to recognize our Facilities team who prepared our campus to mitigate damages and who are currently working to assess damages and make repairs, the Student Development team who worked hand in hand with our Safety and Security team to plan for the safety of more than 400 students who remained on campus throughout Irma, and the Chartwells team for providing essential food preparations during the storm. We are blessed with an incredible community here at SEU.

We are grateful for all of the prayers and support we have received from all over the country. Please continue to pray with us in the days to come as the state of Florida continues to recover from Hurricane Irma.

It is my prayer that God will continue to keep His hand upon our community. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Kent J. Ingle, D.Min.
President, Southeastern University

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone